You may contact Elena for more information about starting a fund or supporting the work of the Community Foundation.
• What fund options are available at the Community Foundation of Snohomish County?
The Community Foundation of Snohomish County has a number of options for donors.
• Can I open a fund in the last week of December or is it too late?
It’s not too late. We can open a fund in a matter of hours; checks must be postmarked by December 31 and/or securities must be delivered by that date.
• How long does it take to open a fund?
We can usually open a fund within a matter of minutes once a donor is clear about their intent and wishes.
• How much control and freedom will I have in recommending gifts to charities?
Donors can recommend a grant to any organization qualified as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Foundation staff verify that a charity is registered and in good standing with the IRS.
• What is your most popular fund?
The most popular fund at the Community Foundation of Snohomish County is the Donor Advised Fund. This type of fund allows an individual or family to support the issues and organizations they care about. With this type of fund, the Community Foundation of Snohomish County can help identify organizations you may want to support and will verify each organization’s charitable status and mission.
• How much do I need to set up a fund?
To establish your own endowed fund we have a minimum balance of $25,000. We offer donors the opportunity to create a fund by paying $5,000 a year for five years. We would be happy to discuss with you the best way that the Community Foundation can partner with you to help achieve your philanthropic goals.
• How do I contribute to my fund?
• Are third-party contributions to my Donor Advised Fund tax deductible?
Yes, all contributions to funds at Community Foundation of Snohomish County are tax deductible and all contributors will receive a tax receipt.
• What is CFSC's tax id #?
Community Foundation of Snohomish County Tax ID # is