Nonprofit Agency Funds
One of the most innovative and secure ways a nonprofit can support its work is to create an agency fund at the Community Foundation of Snohomish County. Nonprofit boards choose the focus when they begin a fund. For example, we hold agency endowments that support operations, fund scholarships and purchase materials.
- Funds can be opened with a minimum of $25,000.
- They can be built over 5 years with $5000 per year.
- The funds can generate income or can be reinvested to grow over time.
- Over the past 10 years, our average assets growth has been 6.95%.
Here’s how it works.
The assets of your fund will be combined with the Foundation’s total assets to give nonprofits the benefits of a diverse investment pool and lower fees. Each year, the nonprofit receives a check from the earnings on the fund to use as the nonprofit sees fit. The money and earnings stay only in that fund and grow over time, providing a stable revenue stream.
Why the Community Foundation?
- We are a local, community-based nonprofit whose very mission is to support and assist nonprofits with their work.
- We are also a 501c3, so our revenue goes to help our community.
- We provide support to nonprofits through our grantmaking program and by offering free workshops to nonprofits boards, staff and volunteers.
- We free up your board to focus on the mission rather than investment policies and decisions.