Resources & Links
Best of the Web
- 501 Commons‘ online links to a variety of resources. www.501commons.org/resources
- Solutions Not Just Survival by Altruist Partners
- Washington Nonprofit Institute– Resources for nonprofits
- 501 Commons – Best Practices for Boards (PDF) from 501 Commons. Excellent resource for nonprofits of any size. The handbook contains samples, forms and policies.
- Board Source. Building effective nonprofit boards. Forms, samples and materials to support your work with boards.
- Sample Board Meeting Minutes
Connect with diverse, local leaders through the Community Foundation’s new service called Leader Link.
- Penelope Burke. Author, researcher and celebrated for some of the most important innovations in modern-day fundraising. Book, Donor-Centered Fundraising. Cygnus Research.
- Susan Howlett. Local speaker, author. Trains boards and staff to fundraise money “joyfully.” Book, Boards on Fire.
- The Fundraising Authority. Excellent resource for small and medium nonprofits. Sign up for the free, online newsletter. Great, practical tips.
Funding Information Network. A premium, grant database and free workshops located at the Marysville Library. Serves the entire county. This collection is comprised of information on such topics as nonprofit organizations and all aspects of fundraising and philanthropy.
- Free, online finance kits from Washington Nonprofits. The five kits include overview information, samples and, short videos that can be used by any level of skill. They include how to read and understand a Balance Sheet, Income Statement and more. Ideal for board orientation.
- Everything you need to know about a board’s role. The-Boards-Financial-Leadership (PDF) and related YouTube overview.
- Internal Controls Checklist. (PDF)
- Treasurers of All-Volunteer Organizations: Eight Key Responsibilities
- Blank IRS 990 Form
- Wayfind. Provides free business legal services to Washington nonprofits that cannot afford to pay for legal services.
- How to form and maintain a nonprofit. (PDF) Handbook by 501Commons.
- Do I really want to start a nonprofit? (PDF) Board Source
- Legal Checklist from Washington Nonprofits Webinar and PDF
- Nonprofit Insurance Types
- Bylaws Template
- Sample Bylaws
- Philanthropy Northwest Job Board– Post your listing for a nominal fee
501 Commons. State-wide resource and consultant referral. Provides sliding scale consulting and a variety of resources.
This list is intended to be a short resource for your nonprofit’s most basic governance and operational needs. What other local resources would you like to see reflected here? Affordable meeting space? Local consultants? What other topics do you need help with? Let us know how we can help by contacting Karri Matau at email@example.com or by signing up for our FREE workshop email list.